The Lofts at St. Anthony to bring history to life in Amherstburg

Built in 1911, the building at 247 Brock St. in Amherstburg operated as a Roman Catholic School known as St. Anthony School until 1972, then served as a youth centre, the House of Shalom, until 2020.Early in 2021, the structure was purchased by a well-established
Amherstburg business family, Terry and Lisa Jones. With the growth of the town, the Jones family recognized the beauty and potential of the building as loft-style condominiums, preserving the historic look and features while modernizing the inside with amenities necessary for today’s lifestyle. The family chose Rosati to design-build and restore the project, currently in the planning stages as details are being worked out with municipal planning and heritage bodies. Most heritage components will be restored, with original details such as exposed masonry corridors, hardwood floors, wood trim work details, exposed brick, soaring ceilings, tall windows and high-transomed doorways. The impressive facade features full-height rough-faced natural stone, round-arched windows and cornice detailing.

“We knew the historic nature of the building had to be maintained. Rosati’s past projects appealed to us. All the buildings Rosati has restored have been gorgeous; they are excellent at this type of project.” Lisa and Mackie Jones, The Lofts at St. Anthony

Share On Social Media Now!